Please join me in welcoming Lindsay Mulligan as our newest volunteer member. She started as the Outreach Coordinator as of June 24th. Lindsay has already written an article for Answers for Angels titled ‘Mindfulness, Meditation, and Kicking Cancer’s Butt’. She will also reach out to cancer patients and caregivers offering our services and writing about their alternative/integrative stories and testimonials.
Lindsay works for Answers for Answers remotely from Charlotte, North Carolina. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in English and with a Professional Writing Certificate. Lindsay has experience with online copy and social media. Lindsay worked at Voulez-Vous Magazine as a Writer/Editor where she assisted chief editor in planning and organizing publications, published articles, wrote blogs, assisted in publishing social media content and maintaining website content. In addition, she works at Central Piedmont Community College where she is the Inventory Control Specialist.
Welcome Lindsay! We are glad to have you on board with us!
Katie Davis, President
Are you eager to find a volunteer job that matters & one that works with the well-being of cancer patients? Can you spare 3 hours per month? Then consider joining our Volunteer Outreach Committee!
Answers for Angels (AFA), founded in 2008 & located in Frankfort, IL, are looking for an empathetic & compassionate team player to reach out to the cancer community eligible to use our services. AFA provides financial grants to cancer patients who cannot afford the healing treatments they need. We’ve donated approximately $5,000 thus far. This unique grant helps pay for research-based alternative cancer treatments or integrative treatments while following conventional methods. For more info, click on the Grant Application page on our website.
Must meet the availability requirement for at least 1 year (3 hrs. a month)
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to organize & maintain detailed records
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Experience with email & Facebook
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Poised & professional phone skills
- Ability to handle sensitive matters & information with diplomacy, thoughtfulness, & confidentiality
- Empathetic & compassionate team player; sensitive intellect, mission-focused, ambitious self-starter; passionate about work values; fueled by a need to make a difference
- Must have transportation for purchasing gifts; attending meetings
- Willingness to learn about alternative/integrative cancer treatments
- Scan newspapers, church bulletins, & other media searching for cancer patients in need of our services
- Purchase gifts for giving to patients
- Create, maintain & enter into Excel Beneficiary Database & ensure all gifts are entered properly
- Write letter to patient and/or caregiver presenting gift
- Attend relevant board meetings
- Support AFA’s fundraising campaigns; solicitation of funds; & follow-up thank you letters
- Like, Comment, Share FB posts; forward eNewsletter to contacts
- Must represent AFA in an appropriate manner
- Other duties as assigned
Join us and make an impact!
Please submit your resume, the application below & questions to KatieDavis@AnswersForAngels.com with the subject Volunteer Outreach Committee Application. No calls, please. Here’s a link to the application form.