Answers for Angels (AFA), founded in 2008 and located in Frankfort, IL, are looking for smart and thoughtful people with great ideas, contacts and time, to join our Board of Directors. AFA delivers financial grants to cancer patients who cannot afford the medical treatments they need. This unique grant helps pay for research-based alternative cancer treatments or integrative treatments while following conventional methods.
Treasurer – Job Description
The Treasurer shall produce and update a quarterly report showing status of bank accounts to include current balances, current expenditures, & upcoming scheduled expenses. Prepare an annual report to include adherence to budget & the next years expected budget. The Treasurer will give reports & documentation so annual income tax preparation is completed.
The Treasurer is to hold office for a 2-year term or until a successor is elected & qualified.
1. Must be 21 yrs. or older
2. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, etc.
3. Must be trustworthy
4. Capable of communicating with Board via email and Facebook
5. Commit time to attend 4 board meetings per year; commit time to attend committee meetings, planning sessions, and special events, when needed
6. Ensures development and board review of financial policies and procedures
7. Knowledge of QuickBooks software
8. Personal commitment to devote approx. 4 hours per month to perform vital responsibilities of Treasurer
9. Prepare the financial statements to be included in any required reports
10. Understanding of financial accounting for nonprofit organizations
11. Willingness to support efforts to raise money (see below)
12. Perform other duties as may be required by law, by the articles of incorporation, or which may be assigned to him or her from time to time by the board of directors
Desired Skills and Experience:
1. An understanding of AFAs community and its needs
2. Passion for our cause
3. Willing to roll up their sleeves when necessary to help with the practical work, i.e. stuff envelopes, pick up chairs for events, etc.
4. Good communication skills for writing donation request letters, thank you letters or proposals
1) Actively participate in fundraising campaigns
2) Be a vocal and active part of the Answer for Angels Mission. Spread the word about our work through various communications; word, email, FB, LinkedIn, etc.
3) Use your network of connections to gain access to potential donors
4) If uncomfortable asking for donations directly, AFA will work with you on indirect methods
(a) Send letters to family, friends, & coworkers; etc.
(b) Host a game of bunco 1 or 2 times a year; sell squares; host a game of Texas Hold’em
Join us and make an impact!
Submit a cover letter & your resume to KatieDavis@AnswersForAngels.com with the subject Treasurer Job Application.
No calls, please. If questions, please comment or email. Thank you.
Join us and make an impact!